Andrew J. Thomas
Attorney at Law
Hi, I'm Andrew. My goal is to listen to your legal questions and respond with effective advice and solutions. In addition to being an estate planning and probate attorney who helps individuals and families with effective planning and probate court navigation, I am also an elder law attorney. This means that some of my practice is focused on legal issues that are specific to older individuals, primarily special needs or Medicaid planning I am proficient in a number of strategies that can be used to assist older individuals effectively qualify for Medicaid when they can no longer take care of themselves at home.
As a visual learner myself, I often employ the use of Excel, charts and diagrams to convey the more complex ideas that I need to share with my clients.
Why I Practice Law
I became an attorney to accompany people who are enduring challenges. Stressing to plan for the unknowns of aging, incapacity and death can be overwhelming, often resulting in perpetual procrastination or ineffective planning. It really is my desire to help people get estate planning in place to ease the burden to their families at the time of incapacity or death.
Administration following the incapacity or death of a loved one is often thankless and distressing work, full of liability. I often see and hear a client's stress and anxiety ease after a single consultation. It is even more gratifying to assist a client perfect such a significant responsibility.
I am an avid downhill skier in the winter months, often heading to one of the local ski areas each Friday night, Saturday, and Sunday with my two younger children, whenever the weather permits.
- Estate Planning and Probate/Elder Law
- Family & Personal
- Lex Novus, PLC - Senior Attorney - 2021 - Present
- The Law Offices of Harold C. MacDonald, PLLC / The Law Offices of Benjamin T. Vader, PLLC - Senior Attorney - 2012 - 2021
- Trott Law, P.C. - Associate Attorney - 2007 -2012
- The Shea Law Firm, PLLC - Associate Attorney - 2005 - 2007
- Michigan Bar Association - Member - 2005 - Present
- Michigan State University - College of Law - J.D. in Law, 2004
- Central Michigan University - B.S. in Business Administration, 2000